November 12, 2005

We are created for God; we are created to love Him and our fellow man

Jeff Pioquinto,SJ has created a blog, "Photography and the Spiritual Exercises," which links evocative photographic images with the Spiritual Exercises of St. Ignatius of Loyola. Especially evocative is his post of November 5, "The End of Man":

Text of St. Ignatius in the Spiritual Exercises:

Man was created for this end: to praise, reverence, and serve the Lord his God, and by this means to arrive at eternal salvation.

This meditation comprises three great truths which are the foundation of all the Exercises: I come from God; I belong to God; I am destined for God. That is to say, God is my first principle, my sovereign Master, my last end.

God is in pursuit of us; He is a God for whom we are created.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home